Monday, March 21, 2022

Sorry LGBT People....This Is Wrong....

 I don't care if you want to transition from a male to a female....Or a female to a male.....I really don't. Make yourself happy. 

I have former students most recently females who are now living as men. Anyone with half a brain knew this was coming. And they are for the most part more manly then a lot of straight guys I know. 

I know Gov. Abbott is fighting parents who support their children who want to live as the opposite sex. 

Abbott, who is all about parents getting to make decisions abut their children until it involves something there might be some sort of biblical based disagreement. 

And I have mixed emotions. I don't know if 12 year olds need to start transitioning. 18 year old, go for it, but at 12? Puberty is tough on all of us. 

I've taught people who just KNEW they were straight at age 14......I've know students who thought they were gay at age 14.....And later, they found out the opposite. Don't start hormones, or surgery until you are old enough to make a decision. 

Here is my problem. 

Men who have lived all their lives as men, and for whatever reason at age 20-21-22, decide that they want to be girls......And they are involved in sports. And because they are now saying they are girls, they can compete in girl's sports. 

This happened with NCAA swimmer Lia Thomas ( No relation)...They competed for years at the University of Pennsylvania as a man.....and their senior year, they transition to a girl. 

For all practical purposes, they still are a guy, even with hormone treatment. 

The last week, Thomas won the NCAA Women's 500 Meter Freestyle meet. 

How is this fair? ( I tried to be fair in my classes, and got into trouble from those people in Buna who thought their kids should be treated "special" and often I received ramifications. Some of the ramifications I am still bitter about....Sorry Buna, you were worse about this than any other school district I taught in....And most of you know it's the truth....But, I digress.)

It's like the wrestler here in Texas who competed as a girl, never mind they had been taking male hormones for years. Literally, they could take legal steroids to compete. They won the Texas Girl's UIL Wrestling title in their weight class. It was girls fighting a guy. 

I know the state is making people compete in the sex you were born, but in the case of the wrestler, how is that fair? ( The Texas wrestler want to compete in the boy's division, but the UIL said no.)

I have no answers for all of this, the world is changing. And I got no answers. 

I don't know how things like this are fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...