Friday, April 15, 2022

So Buna, I Guess I need to Explain

 Or not, I started to say " Feck It" if you didn't understand what we do on the radio, what I do on the blog. 

Last night, after our guest cancelled, we got on Buna again. 

Both Jay and myself have ties to Buna. And believe it our not, we want the place to do well. 

Oh, you have some new commerce in the town, but in truth, there is no real population growth. Look at the high school numbers. And with fuel prices as they are, perhaps no real growth any time soon. 

I don't know, look around, don't take Chamber of Commerce positivity as gospel. There are some problems, and these problems were not there when I was at the high school. 

Oh, there are problems in other communities in SETX, but you know, at one time, I recommended Buna ISD to people for their kids, even for several years after I retired. Hell, I am to the point, I have a hard time recommending it and most other schools in Region V. I generally tell people to " Get the Hell out of here." If we didn't have aging parents here, we probably would.  

This area is really not growing and Jasper, Newton, Tyler Counties lost people, and thus lost their representative in The Texas House. You will be an after thought to your new rep. Everyone in Jasper County could vote against them, and they'd still win re-election.

Look, I am concerned about the school. I seriously am. Parents are about to lose control and you don't realize it. Academics is slowing being pushed farther down the food chain. ( And we're not talking about the UIL Academic Teams) We care more about looks than how stuff really is....( It's called politics folks....always be suspicious) People leaving the Buna classroom is like rats jumping off a burning ship is always an indication. And it is not just money. ( Buna doesn't pay teachers worth a damn, but money is not always a reason to leave. If that was so, I was offered a job teaching economics more than once, the last offer was for $13,900 more than Buna was paying)

Again, Jay and I both love Buna. We really do. We are outside the inner circle and see stuff not obvious to people inside of the circle. Example. How many abandoned buildings do visiting schools see before they get to BHS? Including one on the corner of 62 and FM 253 as you turn towards the schools. 

Sorry folks if we upset you with last evening's program. We have offered the school administrators a chance to come into the show. Heck, we'll  have members of the Board of Trustees, but so far, 'crickets.'

Last evening's program.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...