Friday, July 22, 2022

Uvalde

 I know, it is almost 2 months after the event happened in South Texas. 

And generally, I am pro-police, but damn, the more I see on this event, the more I think " Man the police screwed the pooch on this one."

At some point almost 400 police officers were on the school campus before the classroom with the shooter was breached. 

And so many stories from the police leadership on scene turned out to be false.....

I am shocked that people that have kept their jobs? It is like they are afraid to fire police leadership....I am also shocked at the members of the Uvalde ISD School Board who seem to care more about their own personal "Honor" that the kids who were killed on the campus they are suppose to govern.  

And if you take a job in law enforcement you know it is dangerous, and you may need to put yourself into dangerous positions. Hell, I knew as a teacher there were would scary times, like when I took a knife away from a kid who had just stabbed Joe ***** in the upper chest in the " Commons" at Dayton High. I still have dreams about that event. He was about to stab Joe a second time. Thank God, little Tim Gaissett( Brand new asst. principal) arrived right after I grabbed the kid and jump into the fray. I'm not bragging, I'm no hero, hell, I wasn't even thanked by school administration afterwards. It was expected. 

You know sometimes if you can't do the job, you need to quit.

It makes you wonder and worry about kids this Fall. How many other crazies are out there ready to pull a mass shooting event at some school(s)? Will there be a repeat by police?( I don't see it now.......Now)

It really makes you wonder about not ever carrying your firearm, even in a run down to DQ for a " Happy Hour" Dr Pepper. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...