Tuesday, August 2, 2022

I Had Hope

 Well, when we went to China in 2018 for the kid's wedding, I had hope.

No longer.

It looks like we are going to to the old status of the West versus both China and Russia.

I don't know what happened. Too many people wanting too much to be in control and be famous in historical terms is my guess. 

I worry about my daughter-in-law.

Yes, she has a "green card" and can stay here permanently, but I sure would want her to become a US Citizen. Trouble is, she don't know shit about American history and government.  And to pass the US Citizenship test, well, it is going to take some hard work probably on my part, because I'll be starting from nothing. ( She didn't know who America fought for its independence.....Then again, I have a history degree and about 30 hours of grad work in various history and what I know about Chinese history I couldn't fill up a teacup.....On the other hand I can list in order every English King and Queen since Alfred the Great in 866AD.......I can tell you where every American President went to college, if they went.)

Watch the world stage the next few weeks folks. It might get hot, especially over this Taiwan situation....and if so, the economy might really be in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...