Thursday, October 6, 2022

Lesbian?

 So, they have officially made Velma a lesbian in the Scoobie-Doo TV/Movie franchise. 

Come on, why are you shocked. When Scoobie-Doo came out in 1969, I was in Junior High and we all suspected Velma of being " Butch" ( Sorry it was the term used in those days) and in all honestly, we thought Fred was a homosexual.....( Come on, I am a fop/dandy, but Fred's clothes, well, they are colorful.)

It's kind of like Marcie in the Peanuts comic strip.....Come on, we all knew she was in love with Peppermint Patty, and while Patty was a tomboy, she was straight. Patty was in love with Charlie Brown. In high school Patty would have climbed into the backseat of "Chuck's" 1966 Plymouth for the asking.....

I know people are all upset about this. But there has been gay folks forever. ( And gay folks, don't get upset when straight folks don't go see your love story movies, hell, most guys don't want to see a love story between a man and a woman.)

But what you going to do? I have relatives I am certain who are gay, but for religious reasons won't/can't come out. But you know, and deep down, you know other family members know....

World is changing folks, and I know some of you want it to remain about 1959, and trust me, I remember those days. It certainly was not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...