Friday, December 9, 2022

Buna, LGBT, Methodists, Baptists, I Just Don't Know...

 So, the Methodist Church is about to split over gays, mostly in the pulpit and to a lesser extent, abortion.....Trouble is, you really don't know who has had an abortion. And now, people will be leaving state to get their 14 year old daughter a pregnancy termination. And many people already were. Abortion is legal in Mexico and I can see an entire industry developing there.

But mostly this is about gays. 

Apparently, gays are a sin the more rural Methodists can't handle...Never mind the man to your right in the pew is now on wife number 3....The woman sitting behind you is on husband number 4. 

When I read what Paul and Jesus says, divorce is permissible for two reasons....Adultery and abandonment.  Sorry, but what people are "teaching" today is just wrong. They're reading into what Paul (especially) said, and are taking liberties. 

The entire capitalist system in this nation would collapse is we didn't covet stuff. How many of you can't get through the day and not reviler? Or make something your idol? ( Your money, car, boat, kids...Non-physical items)

And how many people sitting in the church think fornication is now okay? I'm seriously, how many of you reading this expect people to be virgins when they marry? And Paul was specific about fornication. 

And it is generally a rural vs. urban split. I know Buna Methodist is among the splitting churches.  I don't know why they are all upset about this "sexual sin" and other sexual sins, well, as some folks say, " I screwed everyone who let me when I was young, or now, so I can't say anything." 

I wonder if a gay or lesbian couple start to attend one of these churches and ask for membership what will happen? 

You know, for years there has been LGBT people on church staff on a couple of local Southern Baptist Churches. They are married, of course use their spouses as a " beard." But people turn a blind eye. 

I don't know.

People are too worried about other people, and need to pull that plank out of their own eye. 

A lot of this involves older people, and rather than missions, or trying to lead people to Christ, they are more concerned about their own world and are scared to death of what people " might think." 

Today's Teacher-Student Podcast of Gays and the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...