Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Parents Pulling Kids from Buna ISD? I QUIT! As one told me.

 I have heard from another of people over the last few days seriously looking at either home schooling, or private school, or putting their kids in one of the following....LCM ISD, Bridge City ISD, Evadale ISD or in one case they even mentioned Vidor ISD....

I told them, "You're not that desperate to put your children in Vidor Schools."

One that I spoke to asked all sorts of questions about LCM Schools, and we were pleased with our son's time there, but he graduated in 2006, so, I don't really know how much the district has changed. 

And the terms that kept coming up concerning Buna ISD were "Instability" and " Uncertainly." 

These people know there is a faculty turn-over coming, and that is just part of the problem they see coming.

One even said " The damn school is now Woke."

One of the people who I spoke to, I always thought they bled the Buna blue and white, both he and his wife, and they've had it with the district. 

Speaking to them let me know how bad it is. 

Morale in the district is low folks, be it teachers.....Or patrons of the ISD.

And here is the scary part folks, I look for it to get worse, before it gets better. 

When we get back from Britain, I seriously might start my own podcast, can imagine what my first few casts might be about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...