Wednesday, June 14, 2023

An Open Letter to Buna ISD Employees

 I don't know what to title this blog, I've changed it( The title) 4 times already. 

Let remind everyone working at Buna schools. What you are doing is a job. Just a job. 

Yes, it is despite what people will tell you, a pretty important job. You're are tasked with the care and education of the community's children. 

Sadly, this job is often political. 

Very political. 

Independent School Districts( ISDs) in the state of Texas are government entities. They receive tax dollars. Both state and federal monies. Most of your property taxes go to fund the local schools. 

The politics of schools is bad, it always has been. When I was in the Magnolia ISD ( Northwest of Houston) they had a political situation develop in which every administrator, and 40% of the faculty and staff left. The next year, an additional 30% left, including me. The school district, has never really recovered. The district has grown, but not like other areas that encompass portions of The Woodlands. 

Be wary. Watch your back. Things can go south in a heartbeat. 

If it comes down to you versus an administrator, the boss will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. I've seen it happen more than once. 

Sometimes the district decides it no longer needs you, for whatever reason....I've seen that too. 

There are members of the community who would love for some of you to just " Go away." Hell, even get fired.  ( For several reasons)

It's a job. Just a job. Yes, you like the kids, the work,( People in the community don't understand how hard the job really is, heck it was hard every day being the persona of " Mr. Thomas.") we all did, but you still get a paycheck....Again, it's a job, a damn job. 

I led prayers this morning for Buna faculty and staff. I got a bad feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...