Tuesday, June 13, 2023

What You Gonna DO????

 So, I keep finding on YouTube, on news sites, teachers that for religious reasons not wanting to teach kids who are gay, or trans, or whatever....

I don't know, is this something new? Have I missed something? 

I've always had kids in my classes who were gay, and heck, even at Buna, I've had people that I knew were going to identify, as the other sex....and they did...

Never once did I ever think about not teaching them. 

Not once. 

I was going to treat them just like I would any other kid. Heck, I've recruited gay kids to be on my UIL teams. Heck, I wanted to win and didn't give a damn who you were, or are, sounds mercenary, well, in Current Events, I was...

I understand it is "different" in this area....Over Here as we might say, but there are LGBT here too.....

I don't maybe it is because I taught in the Houston area for 10 years, and we had every flavor of person there was, every religion there was....

I don't know, somehow there are people who think teachers are somehow turning kids gay, yet their own high school age children are involved in Bacchanalian style Roman Orgy on many weekends. And somehow, they're okay with it. I guess as long as the kid can make it to church on Sunday. 

There's a lot of stuff that makes me uncomfortable, but you know, as long as it doesn't mess with me, I don't really care. I got bigger personal worries. 

Whatcha gonna do?

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...