Wednesday, June 21, 2023

"Yes, I've Had an Affair"

That is how more than one of the private messages I received over the last few days began their letter to me. 

I was somewhat surprised ( I shouldn't have been) at the number of people who wrote me to tell me they had had an affair on the boyfriend/girlfriend or their husband/wife. And that the cheating partner often had a history of affairs. Each time the partner forgave them, until, often, that was " enough" and they left the cheater. 

A couple of times the spouse/partner did not find out until they were diagnosed with a STD.

I even had a lesbian couple break-up when one of the ladies confessed to the other one that she might be pregnant. ( She wasn't but it was a scare.)

I was told about people having alleged dalliances at their school, and was told the names.....The administration knew about the supposed affairs, a couple of people even had stories concerning parents have trysts with faculty. ( Nothing new, I've seen that at other schools)

It was like a couple of people who wrote me confessed like they were seeking absolution.  

Et ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

I don't know, reading the messages upset me. I didn't expect it from some people. 

Sometimes temptation is too much for people.  

It makes me wonder. 

As many of you know, my first teaching job was in adult education in Beaumont ISD.

I taught bought GED courses and U.S. Citizenship. 

Most of my students were 25-45, 80% female, recent divorced, trying to get a little better education because they needed a job. 

For a 23 year old guy, well, I had to watch myself. 

I was not the old, fat, bald, surly Mr. Thomas you got at Buna High. 

For many of these women it was " open season."

MILFs, Cougars are real. Nothing is more scary that a 35-40 year old woman, hot to trot, and assumed their 23 year old teachers would be " ready to go."( Not all were cougars, many just want to get a GED and go on with their lives.)

Many of these women after their divorce " Saw more dicks than the urinal at Buccees."

Some of the ones wore clothes that would have gotten you sent home at most high schools in America. 

I literally had to watch myself. I was newly married and trust me, I did not want to mess up. I knew the good thing I had at home.

One of the scariest was a 29 year old US Citizenship student, looked 18, from Switzerland, who decided " She was in love with me." It was so bad, one Friday she left a motel key on my desk with the room number on a note, and what time she would be there. 

Needless to say, I went home that Friday as soon as I could. 

Don't be telling me about temptation. You can avoid it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...