Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Buna ISD Board of Trustees - July, 2023 Meeting

 Let me remind you, if you give me information about Buna ISD, Jasper County, heck, any government entity, I never reveal sources. I keep you anonymous. Always have, always will.

It's seems there was interest in the board meeting last evening. Full house. So many people, there were folks in the corridor listening. 

The board did approve a raise for people with 20+ years experience, that said, there were people on the board who did not want to give raise to people who had not put all 20+ years in at Buna. If I was there, that would have effected me, I had been at several different ISDs before I came to Buna, trouble is, I would not have not been the " Mr. Thomas you got in Buna" had I not been molded in Magnolia and Dayton. 

It also was learned that the district was told by their attorney that they cannot lock the community out of the building like they did May 18 for two hours.

Apparently there was also " misunderstanding" about corporal punishment( padding, swats, lighting a kid up.) 

The 3 campuses were not on the same page. The powers that be didn't want paddling. But it seems, paddling is okay with the board. 

Finally, and I have heard from 3 sources on this one, allegedly, the superintendent is looking hard for another job. 

If true, I understand. She has spent most career in suburban or larger school districts. It is different in East Texas, it just is. I know there is a rural aspect to it, but East Texas schools are so different than the ones even in the Houston area, heck even Beaumont suburbs.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...