Friday, July 21, 2023

Okay, May Need Some Advice...

 I know, I should be able to decide this rather than seek advice. 

Was asked this week to perform a wedding of a couple that I have know, well for quite sometime. It is their second wedding....To each other. 

They had divorced and were a par for a while, and now, want to re-marry. 

The second wedding will almost be as big as the first one, which was performed by an Episcopal priest, a soiree that I know was close to $50,000 in cost, and well, they could/can afford it. She's even going to wear a white gown for a second time. I don't have a problem with a second white dress in this day. So many " first marriages" are now a " practice wedding" for a lot of folks. That said, I performed a " first wedding " for couple in which rather than white, the bride wore an emerald green gown. With her coal black hair and blue eyes, the entire outfit just " popped."  As she walked down the aisle, I saw a couple on the groom's side turn and look at one one another and both mouth " Wow." It was that stunning. I wondered what Miss Debbie would look like in an emerald green dress. No, not Debbie the Good/St. Debbie's color. To my ' to my surprise a super bright colors.' And always have been....I've always wanted her to wear light blue or maize yellow , or cardinal pink button-down shirts, khaki pants, heels or flats, with pearls and have bought her said outfits. She hates them, his told me, " Prep/Trad is Kerry Thomas's style, not mine." And she's correct.....Again,I digress. 

Anyway, I got to talking to prospective groom about the wedding, and in the process, he told me the history of why they had broken-up.

Seems, neither could be faithful. 

He almost immediately after they were married he started seeing an old girlfriend. With the old girlfriend being married also at the time. 

It took a little longer for the wife to start seeing other people. Mostly guys at work. 

As a matter of fact it seems she was carrying on tow affairs all the time she and the husband were regularly, intimate. 

Yes, I know, this was like a confession to me....And you don't know these people, this is from another life. And to be honest, everyone in their inner circle know the history, it is no secret. Heck, everyone knows.

After a pregnancy scare, they decided to "go their own ways" and divorce. 

I have a problem with adultery. Bad problem. It's one of the two reason the Bible gives for divorce. ( Irreconcilable differences is no place in the Bible. I know people who have divorced because one of them had gotten sick. Or they moved up and married someone else with more finances. )

And then from another source, I discovered they often had " relations" after one another had spent the afternoon with their affair partner. I don't know know, maybe it's just me, but that's the last thing I'd want to do is kiss a girl after another man's " equipment" had possibly been in her mouth, possibly even a DNA deposit a little earlier.  

I have not told them for certain I am doing the wedding. They have kids and I really like folks with children to be married, it's just , well, better for the kids to have two parents. 

They are already cohabiting in a home, well, I wouldn't have to clean, or have to pay for a cleaning crew to clean. So there is that....

That said, I am not for sure they are not still seeing other people.  

I doubt Miss Debbie will be my "Plus-one" just the entire situation. and somehow condoning the situation just by being there.

So, don't ask how I know these people, or why they asked me. I had another life before Buna. 

As the old joke about the old man working in the sawmill ends..."Oh, these decisions, decisions.... "




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...