Thursday, July 20, 2023

Okay Men, You've Got to do Better-

 No, not talking about your dating in 2023. I can't figure out what girls want either, and couldn't figure out what they wanted in the 1970s either. I literally fell into dating my wife, as I've said, my wife either not understanding social constructs of the 1970s, or just being a naive nerd and my wife is pretty darn nerdy, asked me out on a date. She says, " You were who I wanted to go out with, why fool around." And there were several guys who were interested in her, especially a guy who is now a professor of mathematics at a university in the Midwest. But as she says, " Dodged a bullet there, he's on wife three- four."

But I digress.

Men, you got to do better.

When you got to town, you've got to quit wearing clothes that look like the dog has slept on them....Or so dirty it looks like cow fertilizer all over your shirt and pants. 

Now I am not talking about running to the hardware store, or the feed store or even the grocery store or dollar store to grab a few items. 

But if you are going to a nice restaurant in Beaumont or the PNG-Nederland-Pt. Arthur area, good grief men, the stuff you are wearing. Cargo shorts that are so wadded it looks like you picked it up on I-10 after rush hour.. T-shirts that look like the cat vomited on them....And take a shower, use some Old Spice Gentleman Deodorant( Or whatever works for you). And this is more and more of a " thing" I swear some guys have not showered in a week. 

I can wear a pair of khaki Docker's style slacks, and a long sleeve button down shirt and personally feel under-dressed, but still, I am dressed better than a lot of guys in the place. And I am not wearing a sports coat like I normally do, it's too bloody hot. 

And I know this is the time of the tennis shoe, sneaker or as the British call them, " trainers." But some of you are wearing semi-dress style shoes that are so beat up. And I understand the comfort appeal, and I often wear Sperry's, but I generally put  Made in France, Saphir polish( Couple of different coats of different shoe creams/polish) on my Sperry's, mostly to get the color I want, but some of your shoes, boots look like you've tied them to the the back bumper of your vehicle and drug them down the highway. 

And you don't have to go to my level, but at least clean the chicken crap off of them. And a coat of Kiwi polish goes a long way. 

And there is nothing wrong with a pair of dress Tony Llamas( Or whatever boots), nice Wranglers, and a dress cowboy shirt. That is actually pretty classic and classy. It looks sharp. It just says time-honored Texas...... Some of you however, are wearing jeans with holes so close to your "center" I am afraid your equipment will fall out with one wrong turn.

But some of you.....Whew, especially not using soap and water for an extended period of time...And you show up to the Schooner or a steakhouse and you want it to be " an experience." 

Well, it's an experience.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...