Thursday, August 31, 2023

Had a Long Talk on the Phone Last Night.....Former Student

 As many of you know, I preform weddings, and the month of Sep-Oct I have a number lined up, Nov-Dec, well, I plan to be out of sorts as I am planning to have knee surgery during that time period.....

So, last evening I received a phone call from a groom. 

He and his bride to be were to be married in a few weeks and I was to be the officiant. 

He called to tell me that the wedding was off. 

Asked how much he money he owed me, of course my answer was " Nothing." 

It seems the couple had a heart to heart in the last few days.....and she confessed to sleeping with over 50 boys. 

Or apparently, she said, it was " at least 50, possibly more." 

All he could think was how many guys are in the audience at the wedding saying, " I did her.....I wonder if I could do her again?"  

And you know that's the truth....

Now, he didn't expect her to be a virgin. 

I think that went out even before I married, never mind my wife and I were still that way when we married. ( Different time then.)

I know in the 1970s when I was in high school/college, if you got a girl pregnant, you did the honorable thing and got married before the baby was born. 

And old feeling towards that still hold up today among many of us " old timers." 

I remember a member of the " In-Crowd" was using a girl as " practice piece" back in the day. Sweet girl, somehow thought he would marry her someday. We tried to tell her otherwise. And of course, she came up pregnant. The boy refused to marry her. Her family kicked her out of the house. He was a deacon at the church and well, we can't have that. She wound up leaving the state, had a termination, and started over in the other state. 

The boy married a girl from the " in crowd." 

I hate his guts to this day......But then, I am still somewhat old school with a lot of stuff. And I got a lot of stuff I hope I am forgiven for in the end. 

But back to the couple splitting up. 

I know this is 2023. I don't expect people to be virgins today when they married. I really don't. 

But sometimes, there is a " Bridge too Far." ( Using Bernard Montgomery's gaffe in WW2 )

And don't jump on me saying it's her business, well, I am feel the same way about guys. I waited....You can too.....And yes, it was difficult.

But I know this isn't the norm in 2023.  

Just something to think about this morning....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...