Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Oh Lord Kirbyville......It's ALWAYS YOU Ain't It?

 I'm sorry Kirbyville, I am laughing at y'all, and I shouldn't. 

Is it just me, but if there is a situation in one of the school districts in Jasper County, it will be in KISD. They had the sad situation with Dennis. They had that Supt. of Schools that came from Bryan ISD. 

But I am going to be honest here folks, ( I ain't a lawyer, I don't play one on TV.) I don't think there is a thing that KISD can do. I don't. 

I know some of you are saying " morals" clause in the contract, well, I should have been fired from any year, from 1994 to 2011 inclusive, by the Buna ISD because I was certainly open about my sins and vices. ( But then again, you were 18 years old.)

I had someone get all upset about the KISD situation, and then tell me, " We need to get rid of the gays in the schools too."

Please, some of your best teachers are gay. They are not open about it, and the kids for the most part, do not know....Or care. I taught with a person who might have been one of the best teachers in the district, in the Houston area.....

Look, I had a gay teacher in elementary. I loved class.....In high school 2 of my 4 favorite teachers were gay. 

None of these people "fooled" with their students. You are more likely today to be a teenage boy "hit on" by your female teachers in secondary school. And I don't see anyone calling on female teachers being banned. 

Now I personally do not understand people transitioning. I really don't. But they're here. I have former students who have transitioned. One came back to visit me when I was still at Buna. I wasn't shocked. She was more masculine than about half the boys in high school. 

My problem is this.....What are you going to tell the kids? How are you going to explain it? And the thing is, a month from now, will the kids care? Kids are pretty resilient. 

That said, don't be shocked Buna Schools if there is a sudden influx of transfers from KISD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...