Thursday, December 7, 2023

Is Southeast Texas Really This Trashy?

 So, there is a Youtube video going around concerning Beaumont and Vidor.....

In the video, the vlogger says that " Beaumont is the worst city in Texas." He then goes to parts of Vidor that are well, pretty rough and in his actions, he seemed afraid. ( My people I know, but even in the roughest parts of Vidor I have never been scared.....Then again, I know who and what they are. Heck, I may have gone to school with them.)

And I know many of you are saying " Well, that's Beaumont and Vidor." I don't know, I have gotten into trouble for calling out burned-out building, abandoned buildings, etc. on Hwy 62 in Buna. 

Most of my life I have been a resident of Orange County. I am the first person to make fun of Vidor, heck my section of the county.....But, I like it here. I like the people. ( And yeah, I enjoy the Cathedrals in Britain, and the general atmosphere,  but it is often good to " Get back home.")

So, my question is this.....Are we really that trashy compared to other part of Texas? Heck the U.S.? 

Or have we been here so long, we just accept it, " as is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...