Thursday, January 18, 2024

I Am Hoping Buna Kids Are Not This Bad...

 I am jumping through hoops to get ready for back surgery next month, and this morning, I had to go and get blood work in preparation for the event. 

The testing laboratory in Orange literally, was " hanging out the windows"  as it has been said. 

Every seat was taken. 

Now, in the old days, when I was younger, I was taught to " offer your seat to the old folks, crippled people, and to ladies." 

About a third of the seats were taken up by Gen Z and Millennials. Now I am sure that some of these younger people may have needed a seat. But some of these Gen Zers were all sprawled out like they were at home in their living room, on the couch. Legs hanging over the arm rests, feet up in the seat leaving enough dirt in their chairs that you could plant corn in that chair after the left. 

Not including me, there were several older people, I know they were 75-80+ having to stand, including a couple of elderly women. 

Now, I have trouble standing as I have written, but this morning I had taken enough medication I could stand. At least for a little while.....And my appointment which was to take 10 minutes wound up being 45 minutes. Not going to lie, I was hurting at the end. And if there had been an empty seat, I would have offered it and just suffered. The ghost of my late father would have haunted me, no matter the shape I was in. I could not have lived with myself leaving an elderly lady to stand.

And not one of these younger people even considered offering their seats....

Is this no longer taught by parents? 

Are people now so entitled, especially the young people?  

Screw old people? Screw crippled folks?

I more and more understand why people don't teach. This used to be just basic manners. 

Is this normal? 

Are you seeing this too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...