Friday, January 26, 2024

I Don't Know Patrons of Buna ISD....Maybe it Doesn't Matter Anymore?

 Does you child's teacher have a certificate to teach in the State of Texas?

Hell, do they even have a degree? 

It used to be a big damn deal to have teachers with degrees and certificates in the classrooms of your Independent School District in the State of Texas. 

I keep hearing more and more about people at the high school level not having degrees. Hell, when the Buna ISD hired me, part of why was because I had attended divinity school, which was a large number of hours above my B.A. 

I know it is expensive to get a degree in 2024, I know there is a teacher shortage, but really Buna, or we to the point we can just put warm bodies into room and call it " quality education?" ( No degree, no certificate, and apparently, not trying to get either.)

Hell, my understanding is many people at the elementary and high school don't have certificates and aren't even trying to get one. 

Heck, years ago, when you went to college, you specifically got a teacher's certificate It was why you went to school, to teach....Now it seems like, well, let's try teaching school and see how that works out.

I don't know, if I was still roaming the HS halls I think I would have a hard time not making fun of those not even trying to get certified. And they wouldn't even know.....

Again, maybe I am expecting too much....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...