Tuesday, February 27, 2024

4 Day School Week? At Kirbyville?

 

 So, I saw a proposal that Kirbyville ISD was looking at a 4 day school week. 

I've been calling for a while now for Buna ISD to go there. 

Don't get your hopes up Buna. Seriously, do not. 

Hell, last year Buna added days to the school year......Another reason to leave the district as a teacher. Hell, another reason for many parents to move there kids from the district.

This past UIL realignment, Kirbyville High School added kids......Buna lost kids....And that asks the question.....Why? 

Seriously why? I remember when KISD was not that attractive of a school district.  

The more I see, the more I am thinking " You know, KISD is looking very positive." 

Last month, I moderated a political event at Kirbyville High and the place was welcoming and the citizens congenial. 

I remember going to KISD events in the past and saying " We gotta get the hell outta here." 

Since my last blog, I've heard from even more people , people who are longtime Buna patrons, looking to remove the kids and send them someplace else. 

Just something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...