Friday, February 23, 2024

Decision Time Buna ISD

 Decision Time Buna ISD....

 If you are a parent with kids, or a teacher, or a staff member, we are coming up on decision time. 

The more I read, the more upset parents I hear from, the more I wonder if Buna ISD can be saved at this point. 

Sure, there are ups and downs with school districts. But right now, it is down in Buna Schools. 

If you are unhappy, move. 

Take your kids and send them to another school district. Heck, home-school. And I know it is easier said than done. But sometimes, for YOUR kids, you got to " Get the Hell Out of Dodge." 

Likewise if you are working for the district. There is a shortage of teachers, and you should be able to find another position. Between now and the end of the academic year is the time to start looking. 

Or get out of the profession. 

Teaching has changed so dramatically in the last few years, people are retiring at a record pace. Or, they have " Had Enough" and just left teaching for another career.

As I have reiterated many times before, I could not teach in 2024. I could not be the Mr. Thomas you had in Gov/Eco classes. 

There are many "old hands" veterans if you will, looking to get out of Buna Schools. Morale is shot, and no one wants to either do something about it.....Or care. 

If you are a parent and the need arising, sometimes you have to upset people and fight for your kid. 

Who cares what people think.....Who cares what the clique thinks. When it boils down to family, who else is going to help?

The worst trouble I got into at Buna High School was taking up for kids.....And most of you don't know a thing about me trying to take up for you.I think it is why I bunch of faculty hated me. There are teachers who don't understand why you go into the teaching field, and it's my understanding there are even less and less. 

I literally almost got into a fist-fight with another teacher trying to help kids. They literally cornered me in my room and I could not escape. One of the craziest things I have ever been involved with in my life. 

Don't be afraid. Make a move. Teachers, trust only yourself.  Parents do what is best for your kids.

Okay, probably won't blog for a few days. Just writing this makes my back hurt.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...