Thursday, February 15, 2024

Surely This Isn't True Buna ISD?

 Surely This Isn't True Buna ISD?

I tried to be fair when I was teaching at Buna. I really did. 

You really had to try to fail my class.....

It often got me into trouble because of trying to be fair. There were people who thought their children should be given " special consideration" when it came to various things, especially, grades.  

There are people who are still mad at me because they thought their child should have been given that " consideration."  

Don't tell me a clique doesn't exist. I've seen it first hand.

There is a big push by administration for teachers NOT to fail kids. Especially if the child has a parent of some "note." 

And allegedly, a teacher was yelled at by leadership because they " failed the wrong student." So loud, the yelling wasn't contained within the four walls. 

Come on, if the kids know this, why will they even try? 

I have a friend who taught in Minnesota Schools for a while and they could not give a grade lower than a " C" in that state. 

He said, other than the honors students, no one cared. Kids did no work, they slept in class. It was like " herding cats."

The more I hear what is going on at Buna ISD, the more I am convinced some of the schools are " playing school" not " having school." 

I wonder where Buna is going to find faculty? Already the resignations, retirements have become. Why come here and battle and fight knowing good and well, you are pretty much all alone on an island? 

I am under the influence of a couple of medications from spinal surgery while writing this. I may have been too "nice." If so, I'll be uglier next time.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...