Monday, February 5, 2024

I'm Going to Get in Trouble on This One....What the Cornbread **** is Wrong With You People?

 I had originally planned to write a blog on Buna Schools. ( The topic that just keeps on giving)

But, I am minding my own damn business, and this weekend I receive a phone call from a person I had married, about 3-4 years ago now. 

They're getting married.....Again.....

What? We just went through this, and apparently, they're having a big time blow-out wedding, venue, a live band playing at the reception....Hell, wanted me to wear a combo of the Geneva Gown and an orange bow-tie. ( Yes, I have an orange bow-tie, was going to wear it to Reid's UT graduation, but Covid made it virtual)

It seem both he and she started having affairs within the first 2-3 months of them being married.( Old BF and old GF) The person who called is now "fixing" to marry their affair partner. ( Amazed at what people will tell you)

I browse Facebook, other social medias from time to time and I am sometimes shocked about the number of people who talk about their spouse and their divorce because of his " mistress" or her "paramour." ( That's the male equivalent...Word of the day....But I doubt "paramour" is on the vocabulary exam portion of the SAT-) 

Good grief people, can't you avoid playing " Hide the pickle" with someone else? 

How do you have time for this mess? I mean seriously, how?

And don't tell me temptation.....When I was 21-24 years old I worked in adult education. I still had hair( It was on my shoulders), I wasn't fat, I wasn't the surly Mr. Thomas y'all got at Buna HS. The place was full of 25-45 year old females trying to get that GED who neglected to finish HS, and there are some and I say this with a straight face, amazing reasons why, and often the school is to blame. And adult education is different than a regular school setting, very relaxed, I walked around with an unlit cigar in my mouth from time to time, often one on one.....and there is nothing more " ready to trot" than a 30-40 year old divorced MILFs.....I never put myself in "That position" I was going to get into trouble. And was openly propositioned, more than once...

I don't know folks, I am not a person who judges the hell out of people, Lord knows I got a plank in my own eye the size of a 4x4, and I am a person who strong believes in Pauline Theology, sometimes, even for me, there are " Bridges too Far." 

Sorry, I couldn't do it. And it's not that I won't do a wedding of a person who had divorced, I understand mistakes, and I am all about redemption and forgiveness...But in this case, I don't know, even though they originally dated for a couple years before they married, I wonder if both were seeing other people while they were dating? And old BF/GF, man, I don't even want to think about, much less play " Slap and tickle" with my old flames...



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...