Thursday, February 29, 2024

Writing on Something Else Than Buna? Well, here you go....

 Yeah, I never wanted to exclusively write on Buna ISD. It just seems like it.....So, let's go to another topic....

The other day when I was a moderator at the political " event" the question of the legalization of marijuana came up. Everything from the actually use of pot to Delta 8 was discussed. 

And of course the law enforcement community was pretty much against it. 

I am old than everyone that was on that stage. I remember in the 1960s when Richard Nixon declared a " War on Drugs." 

Heck Nancy Reagan's war of drugs was " Just say no."

Yeah, like that is going to work. 

The war has been a losing prospect ever since. 

It's been time to legalize it. Long time with marijuana. 

Not going to lie, if there was a survey of Texans, most would be for the legalization, including this writer. 

But politicians are afraid to go there. Afraid of the church. The older people.( Hell, they're using it more and more for their aches and pains.)

I hold hope for the 2025 Texas Legislative Session to use some sense concerning the matter, but then, we're talking about the Texas Legislature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...