Monday, April 22, 2024

The State of the Buna ISD?

 Actually, this should be some official telling you " How wonderful and great the Buna ISD is right now. "

But it isn't. 

In recent years it has fallen into my lap to tell you the " bad stuff" occurring in the schools. 

I took the weekend off from blogging. For my personal sanity, I have to from time to time. Pretty much watched silly YouTube videos, and old TV, most of it 30+ years old. 

During the weekend I received a number of PMs, a couple of texts, and even an email on the Buna Schools. 

None were good, and all who wrote had a vested interest in the district. 

I am worried about Buna. 

At one time, I encouraged people who were looking for a good school district to consider Buna ISD. No longer do I do this. 

I am worried about discipline of the kids. 

Heck, the way it looks, I am worried about the "time immortal" two sets of standards being continued, and possibly getting worse concerning the equality of discipline.

I worry about the district being used as some sort of "Social Experiment." ( May write on this in a future blog.)

 I worry about cronyism.( Yes, Mr. Thomas AKD Thegovteach and his love of "Isms." ) 

How many people are getting positions on who they know, rather than what they know? I may have to call one here in a few days and get ugly and upset people.  

I looked at the UIL Academic scores from District Meet and well, while there were several bright spots, overall it looked fairly bad. ( I'll receive mail on this one, and it won't be pretty.)

UIL Academics, well, I don't blame the kids, or the teachers. I put this in the lap of leadership, and I mean top. 

UIL Academics shows the area whether or not there is anyone who really cares about academics at your school.  And if we are serious, that's what the schools first priority should be, and I know this is Texas, but you know, it ain't. 

I worry what the district will look like in 10 years. I plan to be here then, and I wonder if Buna ISD will be becoming just another pitiful district in East Texas.

 Just playing school.

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...