Friday, June 14, 2024

It is Close Buna Teachers....And, Where Have You Been?

 It is getting close Buna ISD teachers......Very close, if you are resigning, you need to do so in the next few days, whether you are are thinking about going to another district, or if you are thinking about another profession, or just getting out of teaching....Check your contract for the date.....Do the math....

A lot of people are upset at the number of people who are resigning at the Buna ISD,and are concerned about the " kids."

Yeah, we got into the profession for the kids, but you laymen not in the profession don't understand, or perhaps you do, teaching ain't what it once was. 

There are a bunch of bad-ass kids to deal with who don't give a damn about education, no matter how hard you try and reach them.

There are a parents now who see teachers as " Enemy number one." Be it through the politics that has reached into the school system like no time in my life, or the fact, people have changed, I am sorry ladies and gents, people have changed, and not for the good. 

Then, there are administrators who want to micromanage how you teach...Well, one way of teaching doesn't always work for everyone. 

In the next few years, teaching is going to change so rapidly, the average person will not be able to keep up. Be it AI, the changes and there will be many coming from the state, the world in general, again folks, I no longer recommend that people who would be good in the classroom teach school.....And who would now go into huge student debt for a teaching position? And for a job you may decide, "well, I can't do this."...Teaching is not for everyone.

And lord knows, we ain't getting rich teaching....

Often to survive, you have to treat it as just a job. 

And it is. Just a job. Yes, we get attached to the kids, but you now what, at the end of the year, my seniors walked out the door, many of which you'll never see again. It was tough, but you had to remember, in reality, while they were ' yours" for a brief moment in your life, you can't hang on, they have lives....and so do you.

( AND BTW while I was gone, I saw a " Back to School" ad on TV. Yep, summer is flying by. )

 _ Then I was asked...."Where you been Mr. Thomas?"

Deb and I took a few days off, and rented a nice place on the Louisiana side of the river on a branch of Toledo.  

Again again, we just ate, sat in a hot tub for the ole Govteach's horrid back, and drove around a part of Louisiana, well, I've never been. Been to London, Hong Kong, Jerusalem.....But I ain't never been to Natchitoches, LA. 

And I was sort of ashamed to say it. 

Northwest Louisiana State is a gorgeous little university.  And I have to ask, once again, what the cornbread feck Lamar? I am not sure what the new building is in all your PR photos, and why won't you tell us? And to be honest other than the area around the quadrangle, the aesthetics of Lamar sucks. 

Well, I have now been to Natchitoches ......And once again, I stand corrected, Highway 6 from where we were staying through the city of Many to Natchitoches sucked like a Louisiana road was suppose to, so, Louisiana, your roads still suck.....That said, we took LA 191 home to across the dam, and it was a good road.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...