Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Buna Supt. of Schools is WHERE?!?!?

 Dear Gentle Readers,

So, it seems that the Buna  ISD Supt. of Schools was in Japan and  Korea. ( I am assuming South Korea. I doubt they can get into Pyongyang. Yeah, I had to look up how to spell it.)

Some sort of all expense paid trip for educators to Asia. 30 were going( Buna didn't pay, question is, who, and why? Ain't no free lunch.).....( Of course the Supt. has spent a grand total of 3 years in the classroom. Sorry, you know, I really wasn't a fully formed teacher until about year 5 of teaching. Yet, they want to tell us how to teach. Just a personal gripe here about administrators. )

The explanation for the trip?

"That we need to allow for self expression and culture and diversity."

Like the Asians allow for "self expression" in their schools.

Other than exchange students, I've have more Chinese, Japanese, Koreans here at my house than Buna Schools. ( I ain't playing here. I am serious.)

Again, as I say, " Folks is folks."

You've got to remember, while his dad is an Anglophile, Hibernophile, his child is a Sinophile, Japanphile, Weeboo,( Don't use that word, it's not nice.)  and whatever the hell liking Korea is......He spent several years teaching English in South Korea and as a university professor in China.

I've been to Asia. 

If Jesus is good to me, I won't be back and I hold a Chinese Q2 Visa which allows me to come and go as I please to China.( That said, I loved Hong Kong...The China trip was well, stressful. A wedding was involved...That said, send me back to Scotland/England/Ireland, hell, nothing wrong with Wales, any old day. "Me people.")

And the last damn thing we need to model Buna schools after are Asian schools. And like every other school administrator, they'll come back all fired up with new ideas, that won't work in East Texas.

You need to get my son and daughter-in-law talk about schools in Asia. 

6 day week, kids so exhausted they they literally become zombified...Homework to 1-2AM every night. Read about the high rate of suicides among Japanese kids.

Yesterday I was on a ecclesiastical high church 'high.' 

Today, I am back to the ole Govteach. 

My answer to being anything like Asian schools?

Feck that shit. 

You know, and I am serious here, if we were at one of the schools in Missouri City in Ft. Bend ISD I could see some value in the trip. ( Large amount of Asian students)

But Buna ISD? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...