Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Students, Teachers, Patrons, Admins., at Buna ISD, H*ll Every School.....School Starts Tomorrow!

 Dear Gentle Readers,

Yes, this blog is not JUST about Buna Schools, but most of the people reading it will have some sort of affiliation with the district. 

(And all of sudden the computer decides I need to listen to Cee-Lo Green and " I'll Be Around."  )

Tomorrow, school starts and even though I've been retired for years, I am somewhat antsy. Like I got to go at it tomorrow. 

And thankful, I don't have to go tomorrow. 

Teachers, and you knew I was going to address you, do the best you can. I still say many of you are foreordained for the job. Hate to "go all Calvinist" as my late grandfather would say, even though I say I am not, but have those tendencies....

I know this is often hard with some of the knot-heads in the class, but love you kids. In many cases you will be the only stable adult person they see all day long. 

Yes, I taught seniors, and teaching seniors is well, different. I said and did things I wouldn't even dream of saying and doing to underclassmen......But seniors, well, they are " Grown-ass people." I am sorry, but even though they are not out in the world, most will turn 18 sometime during the school year, and I was rough on them, knowing my class was a transition, that said, in the end, I became very attached to them, and more than once teared up after graduation on the drive home. It is just human nature. Many, of mine, I will never see again. 

This said, we understand you wanting to leave. Teaching is not what it once was. The world has changed and education, and those who run it, have not kept up. I am afraid it is going to be worse, if it ever gets better. 

I've got a few ex-students who are now principals. And while I doubt they read this blog, I am going to say what they need to hear or learn....Let your teachers teach. The vets are going to know what to do before you realize. And help out your new ones. Treat them as adults. You leave them alone and they'll generally take care of you. 

Students, enjoy school. Seriously, it will end sooner than you think and then, you'll be in the " real world" and it doesn't play. School in many cases watches over you, and takes care of you. 

And parents, enjoy you kids while they're at home, they might wind up like mine and live in Asia for 5 years when they grow up. 

Patrons- Buna ISD is in a state of flux. There are so many parents upset, and I hear from them every day....Let me repeat what I just wrote...." Every damn day." 

And a lot of people ain't happy.....More than you know......

And some of the stories I hear I go, " What the cornbread feck is going on up there?" 

Many of you are calling for change. If you do, vote that way in the board elections. I understand there is going to be a full slate. 

On the other hand, you are pleased with what is going on in Buna, vote for the incumbency. 

Either way, get involved.  Feckin' vote.....Local politics is retail politics. You can actually talk to your local elected official.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...