Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Buna......We Can't Do Math?

 It seems there are a number of parents all upset with the new Math Curriculum.

We go through this every 5-7 years, at least since I have been teaching, until now. 

None seem to work. 

Let me repeat....

None...

I am so glad I was able to write my own curriculum for government and economics. 

This new curriculum was pushed on the teachers according to my sources and everyone is not happy with it. 

Parents who have "Honors" students are upset because the kids are near failing, or they are failing. 

It seems the teachers are used as facilitators in the learning processes. 

I am being told that the students are supposed to teach themselves and each other by turning to one another and asking questions.I can just about imagine how well that is working. 

And allegedly, teachers are saying they have not been trained properly in the new curriculum. 

Administrators spoke Monday evening at the Board of Trustee meeting and said....spoke last night and said that, "yes there are some bumps at this time," but they have a plan. Their plan is to bring in a math guru from Region V to visit classrooms and observe. The principals cited the usual phrases such as, make the students become thinkers, adjust to the rigor, become problem solvers......".

Yeah, Region V, like that bunch has been in a classroom in the last 20 years. 

Coming in a future blog? Is the board keeping secrets from the general public? 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...