Friday, September 13, 2024

The Reckoning- Buna Schools

 Dear Gentle Readers,

I need to get back into the habit of starting the blog this way-

In the last few hours I have received messages that refer to Buna ISD in some sort of " Fall." I am reminded of John Milton's "Paradise Lost" when I read these messages. 

Then, another reader wrote and called this entire situation, " The Reckoning." Thus, the title of this blog. 

As many of you know by now, the Buna Superintendent of Schools has resigned and is the " Lone Finalist" as Supt. of Schools in Waco ISD. 

Lone Finalist- Texas state law requires a 21-day waiting period before the candidate is officially hired.

They do  not stay long in Buna, do they? It is a step to more money, more power, make as much as you can before you retire. 

And the now former Superintendent says that they were not looking for another position.......

To which I " Call Bullshit." 

All administrators are looking for a better gig. They all are. It is just the way it is in 2024. 

As most of the community thinks, get out, while you can....

Something ain't right. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire. 

Rumor is that the newer elected board members are wanting to come clean with what is going on , but the older longer serving members are wanting to keep quiet.   

I am wondering if it is finances? 

Is the district broke, really broke, so broke we are going to have lay-offs in the future? I know a lot of Texas schools are having money troubles right now, so, it would not shock me if Buna ISD was one of those districts. The question then would be, is the Buna ISD worse off than most other school districts?

Then, the next question is, what else is going on?  What is being hidden to avoid turmoil? 

Are we due a "Reckoning" in Buna Schools? And how unpleasant will it be?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...