You know, when I write these things I keep thinking, "Well, that you get some reaction."
But yesterday's blog was not one.
At least, I did not expect it.
Especially the question I pondered on " How was prison?"
I don't know, perhaps it wasn't "PC" enough, or whatever. Maybe because it hit home for some people.
Look, I have ex-students doing serious time.
Including one doing 205 years in " Big Mac" the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester , OK. He's eligible for parole in 174 years. ( He did about 10 crimes, serious crimes including murder)
I have another in until 2032. His crime was committed while he was in my class. Because of his age, the state only gave him 40 years. ( Murder in the commission of a crime......He's up for parole in '19, but already the state has put by the date" not to be paroled due to the nature of the crime.")
I had another student I was quite fond of I tried to visit and they didn't want to see me. Found out they " didn't want me to remember them like that."
Look, go back and read the blog from yesterday. For some of you, there isn't a great deal I know to ask.....Me, I'll talk to you to death about where we've been in the last couple of years....
But touch a nerve?
Come on man.....Stop reading the blog if it's going to upset you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pay Attention to What is Going On......
I have spoken about this in past blogs. And I really do not know how to put this. Things are going to get bad. Don't put your head in...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
Someone's always going to be butt hurt about the truth it never fails.
ReplyDelete